The RoadXML© format is an XML file format which is designed to answer the needs of many simulator applications:
- Traffic simulation: entities acting on the networks such as pedestrians, vehicles, bicycles, tramway…
- Scenario control
- Car, Truck, Motorbike, Motorsport or Military vehicle dynamics models (tire/caterpillar contact or vehicle position on the road)
- Motion platform control model
- Sound control
- 3D road networks generation
RoadXML© offers a multi layer description of the environment for fast data access for real time applications. Here are the 4 main layers of information:
- Topological: element’s location and connections with the rest of the network.
- Logical: element’s signification in a road environment.
- Physical: element’s properties (road surface or obstacles).
- Visual: element’s geometry and 3D representation.
A road network in the RoadXML© file format is compouned of a patchwork of Sub-Networks. Each Sub-Network is a collection of Tracks linked by Intersections. Each of these Intersections and Tracks are then enhanced with different layers of data :
- The road profile is added on the track to define the pavement surface.
- Road Signs and other local cognitive elements are attached to the track.
- Traffic and 3D description is carried by the road profiles.
The RoadXML© file format is also extensible and allows users to add extra information anyplace into the format.
Go to the download section to find additional information (click here).